So, on a personal note, we have been blogging for about 6 months now. It is the overflow from our hearts to share our experiences. But, we both, the Captain and I, have a fascination with writing. Hence, the "Pimp My Novel" and "Writes in the City" on our blogroll. We all have our projects and our side projects. I must say that the commitment to a blog does require tenacity. We have plowed our way through a couple blocks so far.
This post is to announce our SHEER EXCITEMENT and TEMENDOUS JOY to be attending the Cuesta College Writers' Conference this September. We have signed up for 4 classes each. There were 32 to choose from.
The Captain is taking:
1. Creative Non-Fiction: One Theme, Many Voices
2. Marketing, Publishing & New Media
3. Infusing Historical Research into Your Writing
4. Getting Your First Novel Published
The First Mate is taking:
1. Editing: An Acquisition Editor Polishes Your First Pages
2. Publishing Nonfiction: Strategies to Make it Happen
3. Spiritual Writing for Today's Marketplace
4. Personal Essay: How Deep Do We Dig?
Aren't you on the edge of your seat too? I can't wait!!!!!