"One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." -Andre Gide



Friday, January 29, 2010

Why blog? What's the use?

One of my favorite friends wrote to me, "I read your blog, but I feel like a stalker."

Well, what do I do? I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, and of course, reading is optional. Sure, this is a little like having my own reality show. But, I've always decopaged, journalled, etc. I've resisted the scrap-booking craze!

Most of what we write is for our own enjoyment, but there are other things that blogging accomplishes:
  • I prove that there are many happy days on a boat, not just the day you bought it and the day you sell it!


  • I share with others the sincere and simple pleasures of the slow seaside life.


  • I build connections and points of common interest with readers that I may have never met in person.
  • I am accountable to our readers for the things I write and say that I am doing. The "accountable" life can push one past her comfort zone into successes that she may not have been able to achieve on her own.

  • I buy a kick-ass camera and post tons of mouth-watering pictures of the boat and the water!
What's not to love?


"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow!"
~Lauren




4 comments:

  1. I love stalking you! ;) No, really...I have enjoyed reading your blog. I particualry enjoy reading the ones you write about responsibility, happiness, health and life. I feel like its hard for me to find balance in life and it's good to hear someone else talk about how they go about attaining balance. It also makes me feel like im not all alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ladies! I am so glad that you two are loving it! It makes me feel like I'm not all alone!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Unfortunately, we cannot reply privately by email. Please look for our reply to your comment on the blog!