Well, what do I do? I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, and of course, reading is optional. Sure, this is a little like having my own reality show. But, I've always decopaged, journalled, etc. I've resisted the scrap-booking craze!
Most of what we write is for our own enjoyment, but there are other things that blogging accomplishes:
- I prove that there are many happy days on a boat, not just the day you bought it and the day you sell it!
- I share with others the sincere and simple pleasures of the slow seaside life.
- I build connections and points of common interest with readers that I may have never met in person.
- I am accountable to our readers for the things I write and say that I am doing. The "accountable" life can push one past her comfort zone into successes that she may not have been able to achieve on her own.
- I buy a kick-ass camera and post tons of mouth-watering pictures of the boat and the water!
What's not to love?
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow!"