"One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." -Andre Gide



Sunday, September 19, 2010

Update: s/v Go For Broke Enroute

This e-mail was delivered via satellite phone using OCENS.Mail software.  Please pray for a couple of days of calm seas!


Truman writes:
Yesterday afternoon finally calmed down for a good day of sailing. We have making about 5 knots and I think that is what we will average. Steve has been very sea sick so it has been a two man crew so far. I am a little sore and tired but I think I will get use to it.

Having fun so far learning some new sailing bits. Managing the sails isn't a constant task but they do need to be checked every 5 min or so. I miss stearing though, the auto pilot is on all the time so we have been steering by button pushing.

I will send more a day or so if weather permits.

Love,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Unfortunately, we cannot reply privately by email. Please look for our reply to your comment on the blog!